Following the Provincial declaration of the COVID-19 Circuit Breaker measures, the Town of Kensington is taking further steps to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and mitigate impacts on municipal services, as the health and safety of residents remains the number one priority.
Effective on Monday, March 1, 2021 at 12:00 am, the following Town facilities will be restricting public access, only open to Town of Kensington employees:
• Town Public Works Garage and Utility Services (Stewart Street) – 902-439-5202 OR email@example.com
• Kensington Police Services (55 Victoria Street E) – Non-Emergency Phone 902-836-4499 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
• Town Hall Administration Office (55 Victoria Street E) – 902-836-3781 OR email@example.com
• Credit Union Centre & Fitplex (25 Garden Drive) 902-836-3509 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Employees will continue to work from these facilities and will assist the public via online, phone, and email services (noted above). The public restrictions are a measure to protect residents, Town Staff and Council, and ensure essential and emergency services are not jeopardized. These restrictions will also help ensure the two-meters of social distancing continues to be met, as per continued recommendations from the Public Health Office.
Following information from the Chief Public Health Office, the Town encourages the public and its staff to follow routine prevention measures, including:
• Washing hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
• Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue;
• If ill with acute respiratory symptoms, stay home if possible;
• Limit touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
• Don’t share items like drinking glasses and water bottles;
• Continue practicing social distancing
• Frequently clean surfaces like taps, doorknobs and countertops.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19, including the latest information, advice for travellers and FAQs, visit: www.princeedwardisland.ca/covid19 or call the general information line at 1-800-958-6400. Islanders are also encouraged to call 1-833-533-9333 for health questions, testing, services, and business programs, 8-1-1 if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, and 2-1-1 for community, social, non-clinical health and government services.
The Town of Kensington continues to monitor the CPHO and directives closely and will provide updates as required.