- Hurricanes and tropical storms are violent weather systems and are very unpredictable. Even a weakened system can carry high winds, heavy rain and flooding and can cause widespread destruction.
- We would recommend that you secure or put away anything that can be blown around. Lawn chairs, barbeques, toys, trampolines, construction material, and other debris can be damaged and/or become dangerous projectiles.
- Seek shelter in a secure building and keep pets inside. Tree branches may break off, trees may topple and power lines may be downed.
- Prepare for power outages. Have emergency supplies on hand, such as a battery operated or wind up radio and flashlight, water, and non-perishable food.
- Everyone should to be prepared to cope for at least the first 72 hours of an emergency. Download the emergency preparedness guide and personalize it for you and your family.
- For more information and tips, please refer to the PEI EMO Emergency Preparedness site https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/information/justice-and-public-safety/emergency-preparedness
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the town office at (902) 836-3781.