Take notice that, pursuant to the Planning Act and the Town of Kensington’s Zoning and Subdivision Control (Development) Bylaw, a Public Meeting will be held at 𝟔:𝟎𝟎 𝐏𝐌 𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏, at the Murray Christian Education Centre, 17 School Street, Town of Kensington.
Following the Provincial COVID-19 measures, residents wishing to participate in person are requested to pre-register by contacting the Town Hall to provide their contact details (name and phone number) by email at email@example.com or by calling 902-836-3781 before 2:00 PM on Monday, September 27, 2021. Standard COVID-19 protocols (screening before entry for any symptoms, social distancing, hand sanitizing, etc.) will be in place. Residents who are unable to attend but would like to provide written comments may do so by sending their comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to the Town Hall at 55 Victoria Street E, PO Box 418, Kensington, PE C0B 1M0. The deadline for written submissions is September 28, 2021 at 2:00 PM. All submissions will become part of the public record.
The purpose of the meeting is to allow residents and other interested persons an opportunity to make representation concerning the following amendments to the Town of Kensington’s Official Plan and Zoning and Subdivision Control (Development) Bylaw:
𝐓𝐨 𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐔𝐬𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧’𝐬 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧:
• to include 38 new business park lots (approved Subdivision Plan #19257-S01).
• to apply an Industrial (M1) Land Use designation to the 38 business park lots.
𝐓𝐨 𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧’𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐁𝐲𝐥𝐚𝐰:
• to permit, in certain instances, a dwelling above a commercial use (Section 10.8 of Development Control Bylaw).
• to include 38 new business park properties (approved Subdivision Plan #19257-S01).
• to apply an Industrial (M1) Zoning designation to the 38 new business park lots.
• to amend Section 13 of the Development Control Bylaw to add a new Section 13.2.1 to permit certain commercial uses in the Industrial (M1) Zone.
A hardcopy of the Town’s Zoning and Subdivision Control Bylaw and the approved Subdivision Plan #19257-S01 is available for viewing at the Kensington Town Hall. An electronic version of the Bylaw can be downloaded from the website at: http://kensington.ca/. Information relevant to the proposed amendments is available for viewing at the Kensington Town Hall.
Comments are closed.