Citizen of the Year Award and Youth of the Year Award Submission Criteria
The Citizen of the Year award was established by Ivan J. Gallant in 2004 during his term as Mayor. The award exemplifies outstanding service to one’s community combined with an extraordinary determination and passionate desire to contribute towards improving the quality of life of residents of the Town of Kensington and, more broadly, the quality of life for residents of Prince Edward Island and Canada.
The Youth of the Year Award was established in 2005 by Mayor Ivan Gallant. It is annually presented by the Town of Kensington to a youth member of the community who has demonstrated accomplishment in three or more of the following areas:
- Academic excellence; outstanding achievement in athletic or cultural activities
- Significant contribution to school affairs and extracurricular activities
- Participation in community activities together with demonstrated leadership skills
- Overall good character and citizenship
Submissions for Nomination should include:
1) NOMINATION LETTER – a cover letter that will include the name, address, telephone number of both the nominee and nominator(s).
2) ACCOMPLISHMENTS – A brief statement outlining the reasons the individual is considered worthy of receiving the Award for which he/she is being nominated. Supporting details as to contributions and accomplishments for the person being nominated and other information that may be helpful in evaluating the nomination.
3) REFERENCES – two letters from persons in support of the nomination.
Comments are closed.