The Youth of the Year Award was established in 2005 by Mayor Ivan Gallant. It is annually presented by the Town of Kensington to a youth member of the community who has demonstrated accomplishment in three or more of the following areas:
- Academic excellence; outstanding achievement in athletic or cultural activities
- Significant contribution to school affairs and extracurricular activities
- Participation in community activities together with demonstrated leadership skills
- Overall good character and citizenship
Submissions for Nomination should include:
1) NOMINATION LETTER – a cover letter that will include the name, address, telephone number of both the nominee and nominator(s).
2) ACCOMPLISHMENTS – A brief statement outlining the reasons the individual is considered worthy of receiving the Award for which he/she is being nominated. Supporting details as to contributions and accomplishments for the person being nominated and other information that may be helpful in evaluating the nomination.
3) REFERENCES – two letters from persons in support of the nomination.
Comments are closed.